Want to increase your activity levels throughout the day?
Here are some ideas:
- Stretch when you wake up and before you go to sleep. Do some yoga poses. Some benefits of stretching: reduces muscle tension, enhances muscular coordination, increases blood circulation in the body.
- Take the stairs and forget the elevator.
- Park further; park in the first space you find instead of going around and around trying to find a “good” parking space. Get off the bus stop one stop earlier.
- Walk around during your lunch break after eating.
- Do some housework like gardening, vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen, etc.
- Stand instead of sitting when you watch television; standing does burn more calories than sitting.
- Do some small exercises during the commercials - jumping jacks, burpees, mountain climbers, planks, etc.